What are the advantages of a zinc roof?
A zinc roof has many advantages. We list some of them for you:
- The lifetime of a zinc roof is 75 to 100 years;
- Zinc is 100% recyclable;
- A zinc roof is maintenance-free;
- Applicability: zinc is easy and simple to process and can therefore cover many types of roof shapes. Small flat roofs and sloping roofs can be provided with zinc. Working with zinc as roofing material offers many possibilities, including curved roofs;
- A zinc roof has a natural look and an authentic look.
Which versions of zinc roofing are possible?
A zinc roofing is available in several versions. For example, think of:
- Standing seam system: and sliding system: these are systems in which zinc roofs are made up of zinc strips.
- Lozenge systeem: these are roofs covered with lozenges (slates) of zinc. Zinc lozenge systeem generally have a square or diamond shape, but may also involve other shapes.
What do I have to take into account with a zinc roof?
There are two things to consider with a zinc roof:
- A zinc roof expands and shrinks under the influence of temperature changes. Expansion facilities must therefore be provided when installing zinc roofs.
- Condensation on the inside of the roof can damage a zinc roof. To prevent condensation from zinc roofs, NedZink’s zinc roofs are mounted on a completely damp proof system or on a ventilated system.